Glynneath is a typical small Welsh valley town, located in the Vale of Neath at the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park. It has a rich heritage of industrial and community values, having been home to the coal industry during the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. Its location is central and is conveniently served for the whole of the South Wales area.
Glynneath has a population of over four thousand people, and is democratically administered by two tiers of local government. Two electoral divisions of Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council include parts of the town, and a dedicated Town Council also has responsibility for the whole of the community.
Glynneath has a wide spectrum of groups, organisations and clubs to cater for all individuals. Central and key icons of the town include the Welfare Park, the Vale of Neath Leisure Centre, a beautiful cemetery and the Town Hall.
- Jul 12, 2019 Ordinary Meeting - Tuesday 16th July 2019
- Jul 2, 2019 JOB VACANCY - Clerk to the Council & Responsible Financial Officer
- Jun 27, 2019 Extraordinary Meeting to discuss Wales Audit Office Report in the Public Interest
- Jun 27, 2019 Report in the Public Interest (Wales Audit Office)
- Jun 17, 2019 Notice to Electors - re. Annual Accounts