Notice of date appointed for the exercise of electors’ rights under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004
Please click to view Notice relating to Notice of date appointed for the exercise of electors’ rights under the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 [PDF]
Certification and approval of annual accounts for 2019-20
Please click to view Notice relating to Certification and approval of annual accounts for 2019-20 [PDF]
ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31st MARCH 2015
Balances brought forward – 59,390;
Plus: Annual precept – 126,373;
Plus: Total other receipts – 74,651;
Sub-total – 260,414:
Less: Staff costs – 68,126;
Less: Loan interest/capital repayments – 4,620;
Less: Total other payments – 143,402;
Sub-total – 216,148:
Therefore the closing balances are 44,266;
(260,414 less 216,148)
The total fixed assets stand at 595,000 & total borrowing stands at 30,752.
EXTERNAL AUDITOR`S REPORT FOR THE YEAR ENDING 31st MARCH 2015:
“Except for the matters reported below, on the basis of our review, in our opinion the information in the annual return is in accordance with proper practices and NO matters have come to our attention giving cause for concern that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have not been met.
1) We were required to return the Annual Return to enable the Council to correct an error in Section 1. Box 13 (total borrowing) incorrectly included the March 2015 loan repayment and has now been corrected. In future the Council should ensure that the approved Annual return is accurate and complete.
2) We note that in Section 4, Box 10, the Internal Auditor has ticked “no”. We understand that this is an error as the Council HAVE PREPARED THE ACCOUNTS ON THE CORRECT ACCOUNTING BASIS (Receipts and payments).
3) As part of the audit review we requested details of the Council`s insurance coverage. These details were provided on the Council`s headed paper but, for the requirement of this audit a copy of the insurance schedule was required but was not provided as part of the Council`s original Annual Return Submission. In future the Council should ensure that it meets all audit review requirements.”
External auditor: Mazars LLP, Report dated: 8th September 2015.
NOTICE OF CONCLUSION OF AUDIT & RIGHT TO INSPECT THE ANNUAL RETURN
Annual return for the year ending 31st March 2015
Section 29 of the Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004
Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2005 (SI 2005/368) as amended by the Accounts and Audit (Wales) (Amendment) Regulations 2010 (SI 2010/683)
The audit of accounts for Glynneath Town Council for the year ending 31st March 2015 has been concluded.
The Annual Return is available for inspection by any local government elector for the area of the Council on application to:
The Clerk to Glynneath Town Council
Bethania Community Centre
High Street, Glynneath, SA11 5DA
between 9am & 1.30pm on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays & Fridays (excluding public holidays), when any local government elector may make copies of the Annual Return.
Copies will be provided to any local government elector on payment of 10.00 (ten pounds) for each copy of the Annual Return.
Clerk to Glynneath Town Council 16th September 2015
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF THE DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTOR`S RIGHTS – ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31st March 2015.
Public Audit (Wales) Act 2004 & the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2005 (as amended).
1. Date of Announcement – 17th June 2015;
2. Each year the Council`s Annual return is audited by an auditor appointed by the Auditor General for Wales. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers & receipts etc. relating to the accounting statements. For the year ending 31st March 2015, these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to The Clerk of Glynneath Town Council, Bethania Community Centre, High Street, Glynneath, Neath SA11 5DA, commencing on 1st July 2015 and ending on 28th July 2015.
3. Local Government Electors & their representatives also have:
a) The opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts; &
b) The right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 31st July 2015 and after that date will be available at the same address until the audit has been completed.
4. The audit is being conducted under the provisions of the public audit (Wales) Act 2004, the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations 2005 (as amended) & the Auditor General`s Code of Audit and Inspection Practice. Your audit is being carried out by Mazars LLP, The Rivergreen Centre, Aykley Heads, County Durham DH1 5TS.
5. This announcement is made by Clive Baker, Clerk to Glynneath Town Council
Accounts for the Year Ending 31st March 2014 -
1. Balances Brought Forward from 1/4/2013 – 42,880
2. Plus Annual Precept Received – 121,513
3. Plus Total other receipts – 98,057
Sub Total – 262,450
4. Less Staff Costs (Salaries & NI) – 68,003
5. Less Loan Capital & Interest Repayments – 4,620
6. Less Other Payments (Suppliers/Service Providers etc) – 130,437
7. Total of 1, 2 & 3 above (262,450) less total of 4, 5 & 6 above (203,060) – 59,390
8. Debtors & Stock Balances – 0
9. Total balances held as at 31/3/2014 – 59,390
10. Creditors – 0
11. Balances to be carried forward as at 1/4/2014 – 59,390
12. Total fixed & long tern assets – 595,000
13. Total borrowing – 33,882
The accounts are prepared on a “Receipts & Payments” basis and therefore debtors/creditors (8 & 10 above) are nil.
The accounts have been examined by both the Council`s Internal Auditor (Mr V L Llewellyn) & the Council`s External Auditor (Mazar LLP).
Mr Llewellyn gave the following report dated 27th May 2014:
1. Have appropriate books of account been properly kept throughout the year? – Yes;
2. Have all the Council`s financial regulations been met, payments supported by invoices, expenditure approved & VAT appropriately account for? – Yes;
3. Has the Council assessed the significant risks to achieving its objectives & reviewed the adequacy of arrangements to manage these? – Yes;
4. Has the annual precept requirement resulted from an adequate budgetary process, progress against the budget regularly monitored & reserves held been appropriate? – Yes;
5. Was expected income fully received, based on correct pricing, properly recored, banked timely & VAT appropriately accounted for? – Yes;
6. Was petty cash payments properly recorded, supported by receipts, approved & any VAT paid appropiately accounted for? – Yes;
7. Were salaries & wages to employees paid in accordance with the Council`s approval & were all PAYE & NI requirements properly applied? – Yes;
8. Is the asset & investment register complete, accurate & properly maintained? – Yes;
9. Were periodic & year-end bank account(s) reconciliations properly carried out? – Yes; &
10. Were all accounting statements prepared during the year on the correct accounting basis (receipts & payments), agreed with the cashbook (purchase day book) & supported by an adequate audit trail from underlying records (invoices, records of wages/salaries etc)? – Yes:
Mazars, LLP made the following statement on 17th September 2014:
“On the basis of our review, in our opinion, the information contained in the Annual Return is in accordance with proper practices and no matters have come to our attention giving cause for concern that relevant legislation and regulatory requirements have not been met.
UNDER THE PROVISIONS OF THE PUBLIC AUDIT (WALES) ACT 2004, THE ACCOUNTS & AUDIT (WALES) REGULATIONS 2005 (as amended) & THE AUDITOR GENERAL`S CODE OF AUDIT and INSPECTION PRACTICE local government electors and their representatives can inspect the audited accounts and relevant paperwork relating to the accounts by contacting, IN WRITING, the Clerk to Glynneath Town Council, Bethania Community Centre, High Street, Glynneath, Neath SA11 5DA. A fee of 10 pounds is payable if copies of the account & supporting paperwork are required.
Notices relating to the above paragraph have been posted in the Council Notice Boards outside the Bethania Community Centre, High Street, Glynneath & the Town Hall, Heathfield Avenue, Glynneath.