VACANCY: ASSISTANT TOWN CLERK FOR GLYNNEATH TOWN COUNCIL;
HOURS: Initially 15 hours per week (with a possibility of up to 20 hours per week to cover meetings);
TERM: Permanent – subject to a satisfactory 6-month probationary period;
SALARY/WAGES: 127.50 – if paid weekly, 510.00 if paid four weekly (depending on hours worked rises to 170.00 weekly when 20 hours worked to cover one monthly meeting, 552.50 if paid four weekly and twenty hours are worked to cover the monthly meeting);
HOW TO APPLY: For an application pack please contact Clive Baker (Clerk to Glynneath Town Council) on 01639 722961 or e-mail email@example.com, providing your full name and full postal address.
- To assist the Clerk to manage the administration of the Council and take overall responsibility for the work undertaken by the Council, as guided by elected members;
- To assist the Clerk in accurate and timely production of Council minutes, correspondence etc. in keeping with statutory guidelines and national codes of conduct and correspondence with external bodies & individuals;
- To assist in acting in a supervisory capacity over all the other employees of the Council;
- To assist the Mayor in the organisation and administration of civic duties;
- To regularly attend meetings, as required by the Council, and ensuring that the Council Members are advised of these meetings and agenda items in a timely manner;
- To be trained in all aspects of the Clerk`s role with a potential for succession planning to become the Clerk at sometime in the future.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY 2nd FEBRUARY 2018. CANDIDATES WHO ARE SUCCESSFUL IN OBTAINING AN INTERVIEW FOR THE POST WILL BE CONTACTED WITH A DATE & TIME OF INTERVIEW BY FRIDAY 16th FEBRUARY 2018.
Date published: Jan 12, 2018